what is spyware and what does it do
December 14, 2017
What is Spyware
Spyware is a malicious program that hijacks your computer/pc. Spyware is a parasite that attaches itself to the computer’s operating system and steals your data, such as PIN, Password. Spyware is software that enables a user to obtain covert information about another’s computer activities by transmitting data covertly from their hard drive.
- Spyware sends data on a user’s computer to another party when connected to an internet network
- Spyware creates unwanted forms of advertising, or sends personal information unbeknownst to it.
- Spyware can also cause the computer to run slow or crash. [Continued]
- Spyware is different from viruses or trojans.
- Spyware is not to disable a computer, but to hijack a computer, so at least some of the computers can be at least part of the computer can be controlled by someone other than by the owner of the computer.
- There is a change in browser settings where the user feels never change or install it.
- Pop up ads appear every time the user is connected to the internet
How Spyware attack your Computer/PC
1. Download/Install free software from Internet connection
2. Email Files
3. Internet Ads
5. Trojans & Viruses
How to Protect Your PC/Laptop from Spyware:
1. Clean cache/Cookies always
2. Install and Use Firewall
3. Install and Updating Anti-Virus Periodically
4. Updating your Operating System
5. Backup Registry
The most dangerous type of Spyware:
- Download Music
- Adult Sites
- Free Software
- Detective Software
- Internet Monitoring Software
- Web Bugs (Advertiser)
- Chat Loggers & Email Recorders
- Unknown Emails
(what is spyware and what does it do, what are spyware, what spyware,what does spyware do to your computer, protection against spyware, spyware anti malware, how to tell if spyware is on your computer, how to remove spyware from pc, spyware on mac, how to tell if you have spyware, spyware article)
Read also article: