Position: Communication Officer- Clean Energy Hub
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), a think tank in energy and environment, is working on an initiative to transform Indonesia energy sector to be more sustainable and low carbon. We combine a high-level quality research and analysis with advocacy and building public awareness.
IESR believes that communication plays important role in delivery messages and ideas coming from various studies, research findings, and other sources to targeted stakeholders and public in general about energy transition in the context of Indonesia in order to build public support for the transformation.
About the Position
IESR is looking for a Communication Officer – Clean Energy Hub (CEH). The person in this position will manage our web-based “Clean Energy Hub” platforms that designed for information and knowledge sharing and capacity building for NGOs, CSOs, media and general public. The hub consists of two main websites.
The person is responsible to manage day-to-day activity routines in the CEH platforms; develop, design, layout, and manage content, graphic animation, and video for the CEH platforms; working with partners/contributors; and promote the CEH to targeted group(s).
IESR is seeking a highly motivated, young but experienced, and qualified candidate to join our dynamics team.
The key roles and responsibilities
· Website maintenance: maintain CEH websites, updated & ensure security, and manage & monitor access/traffic.
· Content development: develop, design, layout, text content, graphic animation, video for the CEH as well as ensure the developed content is match with CEH brand and standard.
· Content management: monitor, evaluate, and report the use of content and digital channels to drive and support CEH development and innovation.
· Contribute to the content planning and outreach strategy.
· Promote CEH to the targeted group(s).
· Communicate and working with partners/contributors on content development and hosting of CEH.
· Works with IESR team to develop high quality presentation for variety events.
• Has a strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder’s engagement within an organization (public/private/NGOs);
• Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy and tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital;
• Proven skills in IT, software for web development and digital publication;
• Proven skill in developing digital communication products and writing;
• Proven skill in website and content management system;
• Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs;
• Take charge of self-development, creative, artistic and able to take initiative;
• Professional attitude, discipline and can work under pressure;
• Demonstrate ability to work in team and maintain effective working relation with co-workers;
• Indonesian nationality.
Required skill and experiences
• University graduate in communication, digital media, digital design, information technology; advance degree is an advantage;
• A minimum of 3 years professional experiences in content development and website management
• Excellent written skill, and proficiency in Indonesia and English; excellent Indonesian language skill;
• Good IT skills, MS Office, possess skill on graphic design software or communication software related tool is an advantage;
• Accessible web sites using HTML and CSS is required;
• Experience in digital media production;
• Familiar with energy and climate issues is an advantage.
Expected start in August 2020, with 3 months’ probation.
This position is mid-level position. The salary starts at 8 to 11 million per month plus benefits that will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply
1. Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
2. Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to email@example.com before 15 August 2020;
3. Only qualified candidate will be called for test and interview.
– educating a brain without educating a heart is not educating –