REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: Consultancy Service for Non-State Actors Engagement
September 17, 2017
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Consultancy Service for Non-State Actors Engagement
on South-South and Triangular Cooperation Programs and Activities
South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC) is one of priorities of the Government of Indonesia (GOI) as outlined in the National Long Term Development Plan (RPJPN) 2005-2025 and National Medium Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2015-2019. One of the targets of foreign policy in the RPJMN 2015-2019 is to strengthened Indonesia’s role in SSTC through: 1) SSTC policy development intervention; 2) developing incentive model for line ministries, private sector and civil society involved in SSTC; 3) promotion in regional and international forum; 4) developing and strengthening eminent persons group to assist policy decision process; and 5) developing and strengthening the capacity and capability off SSTC Institution. In 2010, National Coordination Team for SSTC (NCT SSTC) has been established, comprises Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas, Ministry of Finance (MOF), and Ministry of State Secretariat. NCT SSTC serves as coordinator of Indonesia SSTC activities implementation.
In effort to strengthen implementation of Indonesia SSTC, GOI needs to be engaged with wider stakeholders. In accordance with policy direction on RPJMN 2015-2019, SSTC coordination could be strengthen by engaging local government and private sectors, as well as developing incentive model for non-state actors who are involved in SSTC. Engagement of non-state actors such as private sectors, CSOs, academia, and philanthropists are necessary in order to implement SSTC in becoming more effective, efficient, sustainable and in line with national interest.
In the interest of engaging non-state actors into SSTC program, the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas aims to formulate a policy which consist of incentive scheme for involving the non-state actors. A complete and accurate information about motivation, opportunity, challenge, and cooperation form is needed. Therefore, the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas, as part of NCT SSTC, requires a consultancy service to develop an incentive system for non-state actors engagement in SSTC Indonesia. The consultancy service will be supported by USAID through US-Indonesia Partnership (USIP) for SSTC.
2. Objective and Scope of Work for the Consultant:
The main objective of the consultancy is to support Directorate of Foreign Politicy and
International Development Cooperation, Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas, in formulating and implementing roadmap of incentive-based framework for non-state actor engagement in SSTC Indonesia.
3. Scope of Work
The scope of work will be the following:
a. Formulate activities related to roadmap formulation for private sector engagement in SSTC Indonesia programs and activities, i.e. Focus Group Discussion (FGD), study, etc.
b. Collect, review, and analyze documents, strategies, presentations and any other paper related to the non-state actor engagements topics.
c. Provide technical and policy advice to Directorate of Foreign Policy and International Development Cooperation or NCT in terms of writing and/or verbal regarding non-state actor engagement topics.
d. Facilitate, support, prepare, participate and/or give inputs in meetings, workshops, focus group discussions and/or any other meeting in relation to to the non-state actor engagements topics.
e. Mapping of potential domestic private company for SSTC Indonesia programs and activities.
f. Create private sector database for government to approach and push the participation of private sector.
g. Identify potential cooperation for private sector in SSTC framework.
h. Identify partnership model for government and private sector in SSTC programs and activities.
The deliverables of the consultant will be the following:
a. Draft of Regulation (draft of President Decree, draft of Ministrial Decree).
b. Private sector, CSO, universities mapping who engage with development cooperation issues (past, current and future).
c. Database of private companies, which have involved in SSTC programs and activities.
d. Result for identifying potential cooperation for private sector in SSTC framework.
e. Model for government and private sector in SSTC programs and activities.
f. Recommend series of activities for the NCT SSTC in:
1) Producing relevant input to formulate private sector engagement policy
2) Building a communication and network with private sector
5. Selection Criteria:
· Demonstrates integrity
· Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of GOI
· Organizational experiences in non-state actor engagement;
· Experiences in developing non-state actor engagement for government institutions;
· Team understanding on the scope of work that will be reflected in the response to the TOR;
· Wide network of company in private sector;
· Team experiences/understanding on South-South Cooperation issues will be a plus point
6. Required Expertise and Qualifications
The consultant team at least must consist of:
a. Specialist for private sector engagement and other non-state actors, and the qualifications are:
1. Master/Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business/Management, International Relations, Political Science, Development Studies, Social Science, or other relevant discipline, or at least five (5) years of experiences in private sector and other non-stake actor engagement;
2. Working experiences with government institution, development organization, private sector, and business association;
3. Understanding of government regulation, which related to private sector and international development cooperation;
4. Understanding of private sector engagement and government-private collaboration issues;
5. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (written and oral communication);
6. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to liaise, and communicate effectively within the Government context;
7. Able to work with flexible time based on the request of Directorate of Foreign Policy and International Development Cooperation, Bappenas.
b. Junior Specialist for Private Sector Engagement, and the qualification are:
1. Master/Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business/Management, International Relations, Political Science, Law, Social Science, or other relevant discipline, with at least 3 years work experiences;
2. Working experiences with government institution, development organization, and private sector;
3. Understanding of government regulation, which related to private sector coopaeration and international development cooperation;
4. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (written and oral communication);
5. Able to work full-time on the Foreign Policy and International Development Cooperation Directorate, Bappenas
7. Consultancy Period:
Four (4) months from its commencement of the contract
Consultants will give progress report and final report, and also responsible to :
- Director of Foreign Politics and International Development Cooperation Directorat, Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas
- USIP 1 – USAID
The maximum budget for this project is IDR 500 Million.
10. HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29th, 2017 with the subject “Proposal for Non-State Actors Engagement”
Please note that your proposals must include the following information:
– CVs of suggested consultants
– Examples of directly relevant work with other organization
– Rates schedules