Job Vacancy – Scholarship Officer (Jakarta based)
September 1, 2017
Tanoto Foundation(www.tanotofoundation.org) is a not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship, teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to small business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for Scholarship Officer (Jakarta based). Please find details for the positions below.
Scholarship Officer is responsible to manage Tanoto Foundation scholarship awards and to support RGE’s Business Group/Business Unit in organizing their scholarship program. The service that shall be provided by Scholarship Officer ranges from scholarship promotion, scholars selection and documentation, scholars administration, scholars evaluation and counseling, scholars soft skill training, and scholars engagement to Tanoto Foundation. She/he shall also contribute to the promotion of Tanoto Foundation Scholars to be Tanoto Foundation Ambassador.
Tanoto Foundation is a philanthropic organization founded by Mr. Sukanto Tanoto and Ms. Tinah Bingei Tanoto to contribute in poverty alleviation through 3 pillars: Education, Empowerment and Enhancement of Quality of Life. In Education, Tanoto Foundation focuses to improve the quality of education and the access to education. In improving access to Education, Tanoto Foundation has launched Tanoto Scholarship Program since 2006.
As of November 2017, we have provided scholarships for more than 6,000 students at various level of education starting elementary school, junior high school, senior high school and university. The Scholarship Program also benefits to school teachers and university lectures to study for under graduates and post graduates level. The Scholarship Program also supports RGE’s Business Group/Business Unit in providing scholarship to their employee’s family (son/daughters) and in strategizing their human resource management through bonding scholarship.
To execute the Scholarship Program, Tanoto Foundation has engaged partnership in 12 state-owned universities and served students at 28 private-owned and state-owned universities. More detail information on the Scholarship Program and Partnership is presented inwww.tanotofoudnation.org.
The Scholarship Officer is a mid-level position in Tanoto Foundation has multiple coordination lines. She/he is required to apply her conceptual thinking and operational capability. She/he will be based in Jakarta with 50% travel to North Sumatra, Riau and Jambi Provinces.
Program Management and Implementation:
1. Lead the implementation and administration of Tanoto Foundation Scholarship Program (particularly Regional Champion Scholarship and Tanoto Teacher Scholarship) that ranges, but not limited to, socialization, administration, selection, documentation and legalization, data base maintenance, academic evaluation, organizing payment, liasing with parents, schools, university partners, organizing and/or facilitating soft skill training, or supporting the engagement of scholars to Tanoto Foundation Program
2. Support the implementation and administration of Scholarship Program owned by RGE Business Group/Business Units, particularly in selection and administration stage, bonding selection, and coordinate with RGE Business Group/Business Unit
3. Provide support to the Tanoto Foundation Scholars to ensure their compliance to the approved terms and condition of scholarship agreement and, if required, to link the Tanoto Foundation Scholars to Tanoto Foundation Counsellor
4. Coordinate with School Improvement Unit (Pelita Pendidikan Unit) to implement and administer Tanoto Teacher Scholarship Awards, including to obtain referral from Pelita Pendidikan Unit and RGE Business Group/Business Unit
5. Collect and compile human interest stories of the scholars as part of impact assessment of Scholarship Program and to support the Corporate Communication Program
6. Support special scholarship program initiated by Special Initiative Team as directed by Management
7. Review the implementation of Tanoto Foundation Scholarship Program and provide input for improvement to Head of Scholarship Unit in specific and Tanoto Foundation’s Management in general
1. Liasing with stakeholders (Ministry of Culture and Basic Education), other government agencies, civil society organizations focusing in education, and program partner (consultants or service providers)
2. Maintain relationship with University/College Partners to ensure and strengthen mutual partnership between Tanoto Foundation and University/College Partners
3. Organize discussion forum to support Tanoto Foundation’s Scholarship Program, and represent Tanoto Foundation in networking forum initiated by partners
1. Produce project reports, project budget, project documentation on certain activities and project communication materials related to the implementation of Tanoto Scholarship Program
2. Document and present scholars selection under Scholarship Program to secure the accountability of Tanoto Foundation
3. Produce any other documents required to reasonably manage Tanoto Foundation Scholarship Program
1. Perform other relevant duties as reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or Management of Tanoto Foundation.
Duty Station and working condition:
Scholarship Officer will be based in Tanoto Foundation office in Jakarta with 50% travels to North Sumatra, Jambi and Riau Province or other location as directed by Tanoto Foundation Management.
1. University graduate, good English (oral and written) and good computer skills (MS Office); post graduate would be advantageous
2. Minimum of 5 years working experience in program management or grants management; prior experience in education program management would be advantageous
3. Demonstrated ability to multitask and to meet tight deadlines.
4. Demonstrated ability to work at both conceptual and operational levels.
5. Demonstrated strong communication skill to interact with various stakeholders
6. Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision and multi-cultural environment
7. Prior experience in soft skill training facilitation and consultancy is an added value
8. Based in Jakarta and willing to travel to project sites as required (50% of time)
Supervisor : Head of Scholarship Unit
Supervisee : N/A
Line Coordination and day to day works:
– Internal : Head of Tanoto Foundation, Deputy Head of Tanoto Program, Head of Scholarship Unit, M&E Department, School Improvement Unit, FATLC (Finance, Administration, Tax and Legal Compliance) Unit, CSR Specialist, and other TF Jakarta Staff
– External : Universities/Colleges, Scholars, Tanoto Scholars Association, HR Unit of RGE Business Group/Business Unit, Estate Manager, KTU,
Please read the requirements in detail.
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send only CV, no certificates or other documents needed at this early stage.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.