The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seek to fill the following position:
Facility Officer / Premises Responsible (Indonesian)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC delegation in Jakarta is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position
The ICRC delegation in Jakarta is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position with bellow criteria:
1. SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
Selection and installation:
· Monitors the premises market for apartments and houses in Jakarta makes suggestions of new solutions for the accommodation of international staff;
· Provides a premises market study on a yearly basis (updating about development of premises market, prizes, etc.);
· Participates in the selection of the premises and in the contract negotiation process;
· Prepares new contracts to be signed and ensures compliance to rules and regulations as well as standard practises of Jakarta Regional Delegation;
· Makes sure that residences are prepared and equipped according to housing policy and standard items list at the arrival of international staff;
Maintenance, utilities and cleaning:
· Makes regular tours in the premises set up and acts pro-actively to keep the premises in a good condition;
· Follows up on maintenance or purchase requests from residences and offices;
· Coordinates with the property owners and external contractors to arrange for the replacement of faulty equipment or major maintenance according to contractual responsibilities;
· Informs and updates the residents of the action taken within their residences;
· Establishes a list to follow up recurring maintenance duties (fumigation, pest control, A/C maintenance, hygiene of kitchen, fridges and water distributors, etc.);
· Makes sure that offices, apartments and houses are cleaned according to the institutional standards and that the team of maids and manual workers is managed in a professional manner.
Security set up:
· Ensures that measures for passive security are taken in all residences and in the office. Uses Database Security & Stress as reference for doing so.
· Monitors the performance of the sub-contracted team of security guards and maintains a regular contact with the security company on SOP, suggestions for improvements, etc.
· Contributes to the earthquake (and other large scale emergencies) contingency plan of the Regional Delegation;
· Ensures that 3M anti-blast film is applied in all offices, apartments and residences;
· Follows up lists of recurring maintenance duties in regards to passive security (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc.)
· Contributes to the overall security analysis of the Delegation in regards to the premises;
· Ensures professional follow up of key management by knowing at any moment who was given which key and having double keys in a locked place of any key for any office, apartment or house of the Regional Delegation.
· Understands and applies Rules on Financial Management at any time;
· Makes sure that the premises files consisting of all relevant contractual information and correspondence is up to date;
· Ensures that we have inventory lists of all rented apartment and houses and updates whenever necessary;
· Prepares financial monthly forecast for rental fee payments and communicates with Finance and Accounting to avoid money shortages;
· Prepares monthly rental fee payments;
· Controls and approves all premises related expenses and ensures timely payment according to internal regulations (electricity, water, etc.);
· Sets up and maintains a monitoring system to ensure timely payment of bills regarding to premises (electricity, water, etc.);
· Prepares reports and statistics on electricity and water consumption to reduce expenses;
· Creates and updates a list of suppliers and contractors (electrician, plumbers, painters, daily workers) with contact numbers;
· Maintains contact with landlords for contractual agreements and follows up on contract renewals or terminations;
· Updates premises list and ensures accuracy at any moment;
· Makes sure together with the F&A Manager that the housing policy is updated whenever needed but at least every three years
· Updates on a regular base on all ICRC premises related instructions and guidelines (F&A manual, security DB).
Support to Dili Mission Office in Dili (DIL), Timor-Leste:
· Supports DIL office in all premises related issues;
· Keeps DIL office updated on all issues related to premises management and makes field visits if necessary.
2. OFFICE ACTIVITIES
– Writes field trip reports based on given guidelines;
– Writes minutes of workshops and meetings whenever requested.
b. Office – Team supervision
– Supervises the team of domestic staff;
– Establishes monthly domestic staff working schedule and ensures holiday and absence control and replacement accuracy;
– Coaches and trains the domestic staff and provides them with support as needed;
– Establishes and maintains detailed task lists including clear schedules transparent to residents;
– Makes sure that Job Descriptions are up to date and makes suggestions for amendments;
– Is responsible of the yearly appraisal exercise for the staff under his supervision and follows the instructions given for doing so in F&A manual;
– Conducts monthly meetings with the team, discussing activities and future objectives;
Selection requirements and experience
· University degree or technical diploma or equivalent
· 2 years work experience in a similar field or real estate sector
· Good command of written and spoken English
· Good computer skills, incl. spreadsheets
· Good management skills
· Good negotiation skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.The vacancy is open until filled.
Please include cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contact details of three referees. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.