Job Vacancy – Finance&Operations Officer for CTB Project
September 9, 2017
Position Title: Finance & Operations Officer for CTB Project (Papua Based)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Finance and Operations Officer, Challenge TB based in Papua, Indonesia.
Challenge TB is USAID’s flagship global mechanism for implementing tuberculosis and TB/HIV activities. In Indonesia, the Challenge TB project will contribute to ending the tuberculosis epidemic through:
· Improved access to quality patient-centered care for TB, HIV/TB, and MDR-TB services
· Prevention of transmission and disease progression
· Strengthened TB platforms to ensure the necessary enabling environment
Challenge TB is led by the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, and is supported by in-country partners FHI 360 and the World Health Organization.
The Challenge TB Finance & Operations Officer, Papua will provide support and assistance to the Papua technical team onproject management and implementation activities in the Papua Provincial Office. S/he will coordinate with the FHI 360 Country Office to provide critical operations support to the CTB team in Papua. S/he will be responsible for travel and logistics arrangements, and visitor liaison functions. S/he will ensure that all office functions – including financial transactions, banking transfers and payments are handled efficiently and on time.
The position will be based in Papua, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide support to the technical and program staff/team including secretarial duties, such as word processing,filing, scheduling and confirmation of appointments etc. Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic and paperfiling system for the Papua Provincial Office.
· Assist with the planning, logistics and management of meetings, workshops and trainings and be responsible fortaking and disseminating the minutes of meetings.
· Set up, maintain and update the filing system to include project documents including work plans,project reports, financial reports submitted to the Jakarta office, project updates and other project – related documents.
· Maintain and distribute project materials as appropriate or as directed by senior project staff.
· Assist technical team members with the preparation of routine and ad hoc project reports, such as weekly updates, annual work plans, etc.
· Responsible for coordinating travel authorization (TA) and travel expense reports (TER) of staff and coordinatewith Challenge TB Country Office finance staff to ensure timely submission of the TAs and TERs. Make staff travel arrangements e.g. hotel bookings, ticketing, travel insurance etc.
· Serve as point of contact for all logistical and administrative needs for the Papua office.
· Oversee the Papua office general maintenance and ensure the office space premises are clean and safe.
· Maintain the Papua Provincial Office petty cash and record daily expenditures, including verification of invoices and supporting documents prior to making payment and filing.
· Prepare the monthly financial reports for submission to the CTB Country Office in Jakarta and ensure properreceipts and backup documentation are in place.
· Review local office financial reports for month end closings, including but not limited to, bank and petty cash accounts reconciliations, travel reconciliations, and travel advances.
· Maintain financial filing system in accordance with FHI 360 Indonesia policies.
· Develop, maintain and update an accurate inventory list of all CTB Provincial Office property.
· Conduct annual inventory review and prepare annual inventory report for submission to the CTB Country Office in Jakarta.
· Ensure sure that all borrowed equipment has been recorded as checked out, and returned timely after use by staff and/or consultants.
· Manage the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, furniture, publications, subscriptions, and equipment in accordance with FHI 360 and USAID regulations. Work with FHI 360’s Jakarta office and Regional Office to request appropriate approvals for all procurements.
· In cooperation with relevant program staff, prepare budget projections and requests for funding reports for submission to Finance Officer in Jakarta.
· Recommend appropriate purchasing approaches and strategies to reduce cost where appropriate.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business studies or Accounting and Finance field.
· At least 5 years’ relevant experience in office management and administration in Papua.
· Must have prior work experience on USAID programs and preferably (but not required) with USAID/PEPFAR funded programs.
· Working knowledge of office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
· Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian. Good English skills desired.
- Must have experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and country office as needed.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country if needed.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested Applicants please send your CV to email@example.com with position title in the subject at the latest on 19 September 2017 COB.