Position Title: Finance & Accounting Officer (based in Wamena)
The incumbent is responsible to conduct financial accounting duties and provide support to the Finance Unit of the FHI Indonesia office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare payment vouchers to process all vendor invoices, travel expense reports and other program-activity payments for assigned program portfolio. Ensure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting.
· Prepare all advance requests (workshop, travel, subawards) ensuring availability of funds and monitoring all advances of assigned program portfolio to perform timely reconciliation of advances per the Country Office policies.
· Ensure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting.
· Prepare monthly financial close reports, including bank reconciliations, to submit to Corporate Accounting each month.
· Ensure all financial transactions for assigned portfolio of Papua-based activities, oversight to ensure transactions are recorded timely into the accounting system and reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
· Reconcile subrecipient advances and expenses, update subaward tracker upon reconciliation.
· Oversee petty cash management and records.
· Maintain and update the office financial files ensuring up-to-date records/trackers and all finance files are electronically filed in the office.
· Perform review of project expenses and prepare documentation related to VAT-exemption requests. Update and maintain internal control system for all VAT related transactions and exemption requests.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field, and 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a business setting.
· Proficiency in spreadsheet software required
· Prior experience working on USAID programs and working in an international NGO environment.
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
· Deltek Costpoint enterprise software system experience is preferred
· Working knowledge of office software, including Word and Excel.
· Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
· Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidates please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject by the latest 14 September 2017. Please indicate in your e-mail that you are willing to be based in Wamena.