The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Under the umbrella of Domestic Resources Mobilization for Sustainable Development, GIZ is supporting the Directorate General of Taxes (DGT) of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) of the Republic of Indonesia in the area of tax reform. One of the works to be carried out is assessing and improving the quality and validity of taxpayers’ data and also designing and implementing data migration application as a way to fully implement the core tax system in 2020. It is part of DGT’s strategic initiatives to significantly improve the capacity of its core tax system in response to international best practice by adopting the Commercial-Off-The-Shelf system (COTS) to fully support the administrative functions and operations of DGT. To achieve the tax reform objectives, a data governance initiative should also be established.
A qualified consulting company with strong experience in implementing data migration services will be contracted to support DGT in migrating the existing database into a transitional database. This transitional database will then be used by the COTS vendor as the basis for the final migration into the COTS.
We seek 1 (one) qualified Indonesian candidate for:
Advisor – Public Finance
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- provide coordination and supports both technical and non-technical in the project preparation phase.
- act as the formal point of communication who shall ensure close cooperation and regular contact with partner at the Ministry of Finance, both Fiscal Policy Agency and Directorate General of Tax.
- manage activities within the area of fiscal policy reform in accordance with the project goals and activities agreed with the partner, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- provide professional advice and input to the Fiscal Policy Agency of the Ministry of Finance regarding fiscal policy reform in line with good financial governance principles
- ensure the expected Output A of the Project, which is further developing the capacities of the Fiscal Policy Agency to formulate and assess the impacts of tax legislation along the lines of Agenda 2030 could be achieved, in close collaboration with partner.
- ensure the expected Output B of the Project, which is strengthening the capacities of the Fiscal Policy Agency in developing and evaluating subsidies and fiscal incentive programme in line with Agenda 2030 could be achieved, in close collaboration with partner.
- provide necessary supports on the preparation and implementation regarding Output C, which is establishing the preconditions to improve the validity of the tax register as well as Output D, which is strengthening the capacities of the tax administration to increase tax compliance
- assist the Principal Advisor on project management including planning, monitoring and reporting, and implementation of human capacity development strategies.
- integrate results and experience into teamwork and the work of all relevant groups
The job holder performs the following tasks:
1. Management responsibility
- plan assigned activities, develop concepts and strategies, and ensure the implementation
- coordinate and prioritise relevant project activities in cooperation with the partners, both as regards the organisational preparation and implementation of the activities
- participate in identifying needs for external support and advice, development of policy recommendations and development of a strategic approach,
- define terms of reference (ToR) of contracted third parties in carrying out project/program’s activities, develop quality assurance as well as performance evaluation, and propose changes and improvements, when necessary.
- coordinate and supervise the contracted institutions, individual consultants, and any other service providers in pursuance of stipulated deliverables and deadlines according to the ToR
- conceptualise, prepare and implement workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the DRM project’s key performance indicators
- monitors project progress, reviews reports and documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs, determinesbottlenecks and recommends alternative courses of management action to the Principal Advisor.
- manage and monitor the budget of assigned activities within the component in consultation with the Principal Advisor.
2. Professional advisory services
- provide inputs and recommend strategies to the Fiscal Policy Agency in the area of the area of fiscal policy, fiscal administration, and public financial management reform.
- participate in identifying needs for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach.
- oversee the services provided by the activities assigned to him within the component are aligned with the partner’s needs.
- monitors the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
- ensure the contracted third parties, both institution and and individual consultants are on track, time-wise and content-wise. The deliverables of the appointed consulting companies and individual consultants shall meet with the needs and requirements of both Fiscal Policy Agency and Directorate General of Taxes.
- perform quality control activities as a safety mechanism that helps prevent occurrence of defects or failures in delivering outputs to the partners..
- facilitate the transfer of knowledge to the internal Fiscal Policy Agency team regarding designing and developing fiscal policy initiatives.
- supports the development of models for a peer-to-peer learning approach among stakeholders.
3. Networking and cooperation
- ensure cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; carries out PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to maintain and improve working relationships
- assess interests of different stakeholders and assure a close cooperation within the Ministry of Finance in all activities related to domestic revenue mobilization and relations with other relevant stakeholders (e.g. line ministries, local governments).
- Supports networking between different units in the ministry of finance, in particular between the Fiscal Policy Agency and the Directorate General of Taxes.
- Ensures exchange of experience, coordination and cooperation with other projects supported by GIZ, especially those related with the work in the Fiscal Policy Agency (INFIS, LCORE, PAKLIM).
- support the Ministry of Finance rethinking its mission and facilitates the emerging organisation development process when demand arises.
4. Knowledge management
- develops ready-to-use strategies, concepts and procedures for knowledge management.
- compiles information and results related to activities in the area of public finance reform.
- draws up reports and presentation documents and archives.
- formulates appropriate input for different reports including annual programme reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the Principal Advisor and GIZ Head Office.
- analyses and documents lessons learnt together with partners.
5. Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Cluster Coordinator Good Governance.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master in an area that is related to public finance.
- 5 years’ professional experience, with at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position related to public finance/good financial governance.
- Good knowledge of Indonesian fiscal policy and fiscal administration
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- masters English fluently in written and oral
- excellent analytical, interpersonal, communications and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
- adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- willingness to improve knowledge according to the tasks to be performed
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of DRM/ Lead Advisor Governance and Inclusive Growth
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 21st, 2018
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: DRM – APF
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)