Calling Proposal – Programme Administrative
September 1, 2017
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and hosted by the Provincial Government of Jakarta. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India,and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment as well asgood governance.
The PA-STA will be hired for 4 (four) months period. She/he will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The PA-STA is responsible for administering the Project of Pro-Poor and Sustainable Solid Waste Management in Secondary Cities and Small Towns (IRRC) and Water Sanitation Project within UCLG ASPAC and providing assistance and support to Programme Division. She/he shall report to theProgramme Associate-Civil Engineer Specialist and take day-to-day direction from the Programme Associate-Civil Engineer Specialist and / or Secretary General.
Objectives and goals:
- To provide proactive, accurate, timely and high-quality administrative work to the existing programs/projects and to ensure proper filing of all assigned programme/projects in hard and soft copies.
- To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Programme Division.
- To provide assistance in ensuring that the administrative requirements of the programme/projects are running in efficient and effective ways and adopt to changing and demanding circumstances.
- To provide assistance in maintaining the communication with the donor agencies and be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the administrative requirement of the programs/projects in coordination with the Programme and other Divisions within UCLG ASPAC.
- To ensure smooth information flow on the programme/projects to other Divisions within UCLG ASPAC and relevant partners.
Scope of Work/Key Duties:
The key duties and activities of this role are:
1. Be responsible for the day-to-day administration and providing secretarial duties related with programme / projects.
2. Be responsible for travel arrangements (ticket, hotel, visa, etc) related with programme/project’s visits and activities.
3. Be responsible for logistical support related with programme/projects’ visits and activities (i.e catering, meeting venue, etc
4. Be responsible in maintaining and filing timesheet of program/project consultants or experts.
5. Be responsible in maintaining, keeping records, and updating the filling for all programs/projects.
6. Be responsible for dealing with program/project’s assets procurement and maintaining the assets’ record and contracts.
7. Design, establish and maintain a central filing system for administration and ensure quick retrieval of files when needed.
8. Assist the Programme Manager and/or Programme/Project Staff in monitoring project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to the work-plan, process payment and advance requests.
9. Liaise with finance to ensure that all bills related projects expenses are paid on a timely basis.
10. Assist the Programme Manager and/or Programme/Project Staff in preparing the evaluation, annual and/or all kinds of reports on the administrative matters.
11. Assist the Programme Manager and/or Programme/Project Staff in drafting correspondences and minutes meeting as needed.
12. Perform other administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope for this post as directed by the Secretary General.
Special Requirements of the Assignment:
1. Minimum Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree).
2. Minimum 3 (three) years experience in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization.
3. Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partners.
4. Excellent communication and writing skills (English; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an asset).
5. Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills.
6. Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
7. Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
8. Considerable domestic and international travel may be required.
1. Project financial progress report.
2. Monthly financial work plan and activities in consultation.
3. Project filing system including but not limited to project assets and expenditures.
The Post will be supervised by the Programme Associate-Civil Engineer Specialist