Brown Sugar Apam Cake Recipe
Apam cake is made from split gram and is easy to make. In India is known by the name of idili. According to WHO idili is one of the healthiest foods in the world.
1. ½ cup Black Gram (sprout already peeled)
2. 1 cup Rice White Raw
3. 1 cup Rice
4. 1 tsp dried yeast
5. 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or can be replaced with cardamom
6. 5 tablespoons Brown Sugar Powder
7. Sufficient Water
8. Salt to taste
9. Oil to smear the pan
How to make:
– Soak beans and rice in water for 3-6 hours.
– Simultaneously soak 1 cup with water in different container for 2 hours.
– Drain water from sprouts, rice and rice. Mixer until smooth.
– Pour the dough in a bowl add yeast and fine brown sugar, let stand for about 6-12 hours. Cover it. This method to produce the dough to expand and apam be soft (fermentation)
– After 6-12 hours, enter the Cinnamon powder or you can exchange it with cardamom to scent the dough.
– Add salt, mix well.
– Grease the pan with the oil to eat then put the dough one by one to the baking mold.
– Rebus Apam submerge more 10-15 minutes with medium heat.
– Lift from baking pan and Red Sugar Flavor is ready to be served