8 Genuine Freelance Online Websites for Making Money
Fiverr – Work Your Way! You bring the skill. We’ll make earning easy! Join their wide range of growing freelance community.
How it works?
- Create A Gig- Sign up for free, set up your Gig, and offer your work to the global audience.
- Deliver great work- Get notified when you get an order and use our system to discuss details with customers.
- Get Paid- Get paid on time, every time. Payment is transferred to you upon order completion.
Be creative! You can offer any service you wish as long it’s legal and complies with their terms. There are over 100 categories you can browse to get ideas. The amount of money you can earn is totally up to you. You can work as much as you want. Many sellers work on Fiverr full time and some keep their 9-5 job while using Fiverr to make extra money. It’s free to join Fiverr. There is no subscription required or fees to list your services. You can keep 80% of each transaction.
The time you need to invest is very flexible. You need to put in some time and effort in the beginning to learn the marketplace and then you can decide for yourself what amount of work you want to do. You can price your services with Gig Packages, you set your pricing anywhere from $5 – $995 and offer three versions of your service at three different prices. Once you complete a buyer’s order, the money is transferred to your account . No need to chase clients for payments and wait 60 or 90 days for a check.
Sign up and create your first Gig today
Upwork – Creating a world of work without limits!
Upwork is a great place to find more clients, and to run and grow your own freelance business. On Upwork, you run your own business and choose your own clients and projects. Just complete your profile and they will highlight ideal jobs. Also search projects, and respond to client invitations. Clients are now posting jobs in hundreds of skill categories, paying top price for great work. The greater the success you have on projects, the more likely you are to get hired by clients that use Upwork. Clients seek a wide variety of available projects across multiple categories. Search here to see all job categories and find available projects.
Upwork makes it easy to connect with clients and begin doing great work. Upwork’s sophisticated algorithms highlight projects you’re a great fit for. Enjoy higher visibility with the added status of prestigious programs. Upwork pricing encourages freelancers to use Upwork for repeat relationships with their clients. You can get hired by creating a great profile and submitting a compelling job proposal. Getting freelance work online is a lot like traditional searching — you submit applications on projects, then impress potential clients before being offered the project.
With Upwork, you have the freedom and flexibility to control when, where, and how you work. Each project includes an online workspace shared by you and your client. Upwork provides a user-friendly platform to help you chat and share files, track your time, and get paid. All projects include Upwork Payment Protection — helping ensure that you get paid for all work successfully completed through the freelancing website.
All payments are made securely through our licensed escrow service. Receive funds via whatever payment methods work best for you: Direct Deposit / ACH,PayPal,Wire Transfer,Local Funds Transfer (LFT),Payoneer and skrill.
They charge a freelancer service fee, taken as a percentage of your earnings on Upwork. It is a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each client (across all hourly and fixed-price contracts):
- 20% for the first $500 you bill your client across all contracts with them
- 10% for total billings with your client between $500.01 and $10,000
- 5% for total billings with your client that exceed $10,000
For example, if you agree to a $1,000 price for a job with a new client, you will be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $500. So decide join and earn.!!!!!!
Amazon Mechanical Turk – Mechanical turk is a market place for work. Workers select from thousands of tasks and work whenever its convenient. Make money by working on HITs. HITs – Human Intelligence Tasks – are individual tasks that you work on. As a Mechanical Turk Worker you:
- Can work from home
- Choose your own work hours
- Get paid for doing good work
Working on HITs
Step 1: Find work
Step 2: Work on your HIT
Step 3: Get paid for your work
Browse jobs matching your skills
Apply for work
Get hired and earn money
Freelancer is free to sign up, create a profile, select skills of projects you are interested in, upload a portfolio, receive project notifications, discuss project details with the employer, bid on projects (free members receive initially 8 bids per month) and enter contests. For fixed price projects, if you are awarded a project, and you accept, They charge you a small project fee relative to the value of the selected bid, as an introduction fee. If you are subsequently paid more than the original bid amount, They will also charge the project fee on any overage payments. For hourly projects, the fee is levied on each payment as it is made by the employer to you. The fee for fixed price projects is 10% or $5.00 USD, whichever is greater, and 10% for hourly projects.
Submitting entries to a contest is free. Contest fee applies when you are awarded a contest prize. This fee is charged when the prize is released, which is after contest has been awarded to you and the handover of entry materials has been completed to the contest poster’s satisfaction. The freelancer contest fee is 10% or $5.00 USD, whichever is greater. If you are subsequently hired to perform that Service, a 20% fee of the total service price is charged. This is charged when the service is ordered by way of a deduction from the payment you receive.
If you are in the Preferred Freelancer Program, you will be charged 15% project fee when you are awarded and accept a Recruiter project. This will not be charged upfront, like on regular projects, but rather when you receive the payment.
PeoplePerHour – It all starts with talented people.Talent has no nationality, no country, no boundaries. We help you start small, move fast and build it up! Here’s how… Sign Up …..In order to be able to sell your services on PPH, once you have signed up, you simply need to fill out and submit your seller application.
Three ways to sell your services
- WOW the Buyers with a profile that’s built to sell – Tell your story, add photos, videos & make it fun. Profiles are ranked based on economic activity per month giving newbies a chance to rise up. TIP: Start moving up the ranks by selling OR buying a service.
- Search for Jobs and send a direct Proposal – Search for Jobs and get daily notifications. Send 15 Proposals a month for free!. Buy more Proposal credits if you run out.
- QuickStart with Hourlies : Post in minutes, sell in hours – Make it fun: record a 30 second video from within the posting form. Upload photos, videos or add a quote. Add a price, hit post, and watch the cash roll in!.
Communicate, share, invoice, and get paid all in one place: your WorkStream
- Your WorkStream keeps it all together… – All of your WorkStream threads sit right next to each other in one place. Track Job history within a single thread. Request a proposal for follow-on work and keep working in the same WorkStream.
- Send Proposals in seconds! – Send a brief of what you will deliver and by when. Quote a price . Stay protected: set a deposit to go in Escrow! This will be released to you on invoicing
- Invoicing kept super simple! – Raise an Invoice in seconds, importing Job data with one click. All your invoicing kept neatly in one place. Keep it regular: we recommend weekly cycles.
- Request more deposit – You can ask for more deposit in Escrow to cover your next billing period (recommended). Or just invoice at the end.
- Experience messaging nirvana – Messaging was never easier–period!. Transact, message, share and get paid all from one place!. Track progress and keep all history together.
3. Get rated and keep it rolling!
- Get reviewed for your work and have the Buyer come back for more.
- Easily send a new Proposal from the WorkStream for follow-on work.
- TIP: Start moving up the ranks by selling OR buying a service.
Getting paid is very straightforward. Once you have completed the work on the Job or Hourly as agreed by the Buyer, you raise an Invoice through PeoplePerHour and the Buyer will release the funds to pay the Invoice. If the Escrow balance is less than the agreed Invoice amount the Buyer will add funds to reflect the total. This process is completed through the Escrow account and once an Invoice has been paid by the Buyer the Funds…
Scripted – The Best Community for Writers and Editors!! Sign up today and say “hello” to new projects!. A Market place that works for you !
Enjoy the benefits of being a freelancer with the added security of our platform.
How it works?
- Pass the Test
- Create a Profile
- Claim Jobs
- Talk to Customers
- Submit your Work
- Earn Money
Sign Up Here Choose your areas of interest, and determine how much you write. Work from anywhere in the world and on your own schedule. Regularly scheduled payments, including partial compensation for rejected work.
Toptal – Hire the top 3% of freelance talent all over the world. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts in the world. Top companies rely on Toptal freelancers for their most important projects.
Apply to Join Toptal Network of Top Freelancers -Toptal only accepts great freelancers. When working with Toptal, you’ll gain access to a network of top talent, great companies, and resources you can leverage throughout your career.
Types of Freelancers -Toptal provides a broad range of freelancers that fall into multiple categories including:
- Back-end Developers (Python, Django, Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, iOS, Rails, etc.)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Selenium, PHPUnit, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.)
- Designers (UI, UX, Visual, Interaction)
- Finance experts (FP&A, financial modeling & valuation, fundraising, market research, pricing analysis, etc.)
Everyone at Toptal has a proven track record and elite industry experience. There are Toptalers from Wharton, MIT, CERN, and Google, as well as Django committers, Top 100 Rails contributors, leading global designers and art directors, professors, founders and more. We are great problem-solvers who value integrity, and top companies rely on us for their most important projects.
99Designs – Fire up your freelance career! Freelancing has lots of perks. You’re the boss, you pick your clients and you can always give yourself a raise. Sounds pretty awesome, so let’s get your business started!
- Better your skills – Logos, websites, and yes, even tattoos – there are so many categories to design for. they will help keep things fresh so you’ll never get bored.
- Build your portfolio – Turn your creative skills up to eleven by designing for big names and start ups across a wide variety of industries. You’ll always have something brilliant to talk about.
- Grow your clientele – Rad work leads to more rad work, so with every design you’re building your own client base. Win a contest and freelance directly for your clients via our 1-to-1 projects.
- Get connected – Join a global Meetup, take part in a free webinar and get inspired by others when you tap into our worldwide community of Platinum designers.
- Have fun – They will handle the business side so you have more time to design – because that’s the fun part, right? And believe in fun.
Join now, your clients are waiting – Jumpstart your freelance career today by joining the 99designs community of amazingly talented designers.
source: freelancersacademy.com, fivver.com, 99designs.com, topical.com, scripted.com, peopleperhour.com, freelancer.com, amazon.com, upwork.com.